MS Outlook Address Book

Tj_El 08:28 27 Sep 04

Hi,

MS Outlook has duplicate details in the Personal Address Book which I wish to delete. Some entries are listed as "SMTP" and others (for the same person) as "FAX". Strange thing is when I access the address book I cannot delete any entry at all which I find odd. Is this the norm? How do I delete entries in the PAB?

Thanks.

Tj_El

rawprawn 09:40 27 Sep 04

How are you going to the address book, you should be able to delete. All programs/accessories/address book/ highlight the address you wish to delete and hit the delete icon

BRYNIT 10:28 27 Sep 04

If you have in outlook contacts a person with a tel, Fax number and E-mail address when viewed via address book each item will be listed. The SMTP is the E-mail address.

Tj_El 18:51 27 Sep 04

rawprawn: That pathway you gave takes me to the Outlook Express address book which is the one I want to keep. I get to the Office Outlook address book from within Outlook: Tools > Address Book (shortcut Ctrl+Shift+B).

BRYNIT: Where does the listed "FAX" entry come from?

BRYNIT 19:09 27 Sep 04

If you have enter a fax number in contacts or even a second e-mail address they will be shown in address book.

Tj_El 23:47 27 Sep 04

BRYNIT: Hi, thanks for the reply. So I can't get around that particular issue of multiple entries in the Address Book.

OK in which case now how do I get rid of the Office Outlook Address book entries?

Thanks for any pointers.

With regards,

Tj_EL

VoG II 23:49 27 Sep 04

Which version of Outlook is this?

Tj_El 19:14 28 Sep 04

Hi VoG™, it's 97.

Don't bother anymore. I uninstalled the whole package last night - I figured it was much faster than waiting any longer.

Thanks for the interest though.

With regards,

Tj_El

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…