MS Outlook

Woody Ham 16:02 05 Jul 05

Does anyone know the name of the file which contains personal data for Outlook? I have access to my old harddisk but wish to copy the file containing my contacts and diary etc to a new harddisk. I believe it is a .pst file but can't find it on the old drive.

Granger 16:09 05 Jul 05

By default it would be in Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\ . The default name for the file is outlook.pst, and don't forget Auto Archived stuff in archive.pst.

But you could have relocated the working files to any networked or connected drive, and you could have renamed these files, or added others, so search for *.pst anywhere you have access to. If you've already done that then I'm stumped.

rawprawn 16:15 05 Jul 05

I'm not certain, but I don't think you can get the files like that. You should have exported your Contacts etc to a backup disc as a .pst and the imported them into your new HD.
Perhaps another member may correct me.

Granger 16:48 05 Jul 05

No, all you need do is close Outlook and you can simply copy and move the file like any other, and you can use it from any connected drive. Then on your new disk Outlook will create a default outlook.pst. Go to File, Open, and open your own pst file (which can be on any connected drive or directory). Then you can tell Outlook to use your pst file as the default to deliver emails etc. Don't forget to copy over your archived stuff too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…