MS Outlook

Can anyone tell me where my emails are stored in MS Outlook and my username if poss as i has a problem with my pc and needed to reinstall win XP i have not done a complete format then reinstall when i go in to MS Outlook in program files it states i ned to install the program first

VoG II 18:15 26 Jun 05

If you mean Outlook (not Outlook Express)

C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

goffer23 18:19 26 Jun 05

Normally stored in outlook.pst
C:\Documents and Settings\<your name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
Do a 'send to'to a floppy or disc to back-up.
To do a regular backup see click here
This engages every time you shut Outlook down

Hi guys thanks for response only problem is i have tried both ways to access the local settings folder and there isn't one i have also tried to search entire C:\ drive but no files

goffer23 08:50 27 Jun 05

Try running a search for "Outlook.pst" (- without the parenthesis).

AndySD 09:01 27 Jun 05

click here use this to backup all your details.

hi guys thanks again for the response but i have no outlook.pst so wot next the other thing is is there any way i can get the user name also

Granger 10:56 27 Jun 05

Your file may have a different name. Search for *.pst and copy everything it finds, including archive.pst which may contain lots of useful stuff.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…