MS Office Upgrade question

jcotton 17:21 30 May 06

Hi all,

I want to upgrade MS Office 2000 to MS Office 2003. My question is if I just install 2003 over 2000 (so without uninstalling 2000) will my Outlook .pst files be in tact or will i have to back them up and import them manually. Also will it automatically import all my mail details such as pop3 and smtp

Cheers

Forum Editor 18:08 30 May 06

you should ALWAYS back up your .pst files first. The new version may not pick up your mail account details, so ensure that you know the relevant server addresses and login information.

VoG II 18:50 30 May 06

As the FE said click here

Terry Brown 21:11 30 May 06

The safest way is to create a folder on your hard drive (i.e. eMails). Open Outlook and highlight all the messages you want to keep.Open the created file and either drag 'n'drop or copy 'n'paste the highlighted messages. The will be created with the extention eml (*.eml), and can opened from any version of outlook express or Microsoft Outlook.
Terry

Terry Brown 21:13 30 May 06

p.s. Do not forget to use the export wizard (file, folders, export) to save all your address. I suggest using 'comma seperated value (CSV), and the best option as this will also open in Excel.
Terry

namtas 21:22 30 May 06

I have done what you intend and I was ok loading 2003 on top of 2000 without problems. But the offered advice is good practice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…