MS Office Spell Checking - Wrong Dictionary

perplexed user 18:38 08 Feb 08

Despite going into MS Office Language Tools and changing the dictionary checker from English US to English UK. Office keeps reverting to the US version. I use the "apply" button etc but still its persists. I have removed it and Office reinstalls it automatically.
Any ideas please?

MAT ALAN 19:05 08 Feb 08

click here

follow thread, it may help,good luck...

recap 19:12 08 Feb 08

Try the following:

To switch languages or keyboards from the taskbar
Open Regional and Language Options in Control Panel.
On the Languages tab, under Text services and input languages, click Details.
Under Preferences, click Language Bar.
In the Language Bar Settings dialog box, select the Show additional Language bar icons in the Notification area check box.
Click OK three times.
Click the language icon or the keyboard icon on the taskbar to display a menu.
Click a language or keyboard

From MS Help & Support.

perplexed user 19:26 08 Feb 08

I'm running Vista and in looking at those tabs in Regional and Language Options there is none of those options under those names. Have they been changed in Vista?

lotvic 21:32 08 Feb 08

This is for Office 2003
Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Tools > Microsoft Office 2003 Language Settings > and at the bottom 'Choose the language that defines default behaviour in Microsoft Office applications' there is a drop down box

For reference my settings are
Available languages: (All scripts)
Enabled languages: English (U.K.) - this is in grey [don't know why unless it means it's the default?]
English (U.S.) - this is in black
Spanish - this is in black

Choose the language that defines default behaviour in Microsoft Office applications
English (U.K.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…