MS Office Professional Plus 2010

Yimbo 23:05 PM 02 May 11
Answered

I've been given a birthday present of the above - 2 DVD's and 1 CD. No other items such as a Booklet or instructions. I'd like help with:

1. Advice on the order of installing the discs.

2. Do I need to uninstall beforehand my present MS products - Word 2002; Works 7.0; Works Suite add-in for MS Word; PowerPoint Viewer 2007 - or will the new product just up-date as necessary?

Thanks!

wee eddie 00:23 AM 03 May 11

Following this ~ Bump

Forum Editor 00:46 AM 03 May 11

Install the application DVD first - disc 1

Then try out the software. The other DVD is a resource, and you will almost certainly not need it.

You don't need to uninstall anything first - it will all still be there if you want to keep it, but unless you're using MS Works there's not much point.

Install the new software first, and then see how you get on with it.

Taff™ 08:48 AM 03 May 11
Answer

I installed this for a couple of student clients over the last month and if you choose the custom install you will find that by default, the removal of older MS Office components is selected. I seem to recall that there is a warning that changing this could cause conflicts.

The main disc is the one with the license Key on the reverse which FE refers to. The other two discs are ancillary programs which you may or may not want to install depending on your course studies. Altogether a great birthday present - enjoy!

Yimbo 10:21 AM 03 May 11

Thank you FE and Taff - your comments are very helpful! Much appreciated!

Sorry Taff - I don't know how to insert the TM part of your name!

Thanks again!

Yimbo 10:55 AM 03 May 11

Installed and up and running! No problems (so far!!!)

Thanks folks for your help!!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 3D food printer prints chocolate, cookie dough or pizza

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone