MS Office fails to open properly

Malky55 20:48 14 Mar 03

Since downloading office updates from the Microsoft web site i have been unable to open any of the programs in office with the exception of publisher.
If i select say 'WORD' it will come up on screen for between 5 & 10 seconds then exits, the same happens for Excel, access and powerpoint. If i am quick enough to select open doc then i am able to select a document which shows on screen then the program exits.
Any help would be much appreciated.

MAJ 20:55 14 Mar 03

Try a Repair of Office from Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs. If you have XP, click on the Change button and choose Repair from the options you're offered.

Dont try a repair of office, it wont work!

What I respectfully suggest you do is to get another, licenced, copy of Office.

I have no doubt whatsoever that your copy has a CD key beginning with "GC6J3" and if so it is (as you may or may not know) pirate. The updates have triggered this as an anti piracy measure.

Dont beleive me? Do a google search on "GC6J3"

Dont try a repair of office, it wont work!

What I respectfully suggest you do is to get another, licenced, copy of Office.

I have no doubt whatsoever that your copy has a CD key beginning with "GC6J3" and if so it is (as you may or may not know) pirate. The updates have triggered this as an anti piracy measure.

Dont beleive me? Do a google search on "GC6J3"

MAJ 21:11 14 Mar 03

Good to know for future problems of this sort, Smiffy99, if indeed that is the problem.;-)

jazzypop 21:11 14 Mar 03

Further information - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…