//some 3rd party need geo

MS Office - Backup stopped working

RickB 11:18 22 Dec 03

For a long time now I have had my MS Office set up with the available download Backup set up to backup my Office.pst file daily to a second networked computer. Now, suddenly, Backup has disappeared. I have tried reloading it but while it is on my list of installed programs, MS office won't "see" it, and it doesn't activate upon close down as it used to.

Anyone know why thismight have happended and how I can restore it?

Thanks

Rick

Jester2K 11:26 22 Dec 03

You mean in Outlook??

Drop the file menu to choose Backup to go into the options.

RickB 11:38 22 Dec 03

Thanks Jester but that's the point - Backup has disappeared from the File Menu, even though it is listed as an installed program!

RickB 11:39 22 Dec 03

Sorry Jester - I also should have noted you are quite right, I meant Outlook.pst

Jester2K 20:19 22 Dec 03

Is there a double arrow on the list pointing down? Have you clicked it? Outlook 2002 hides un-used items arfter a bit. Clicking the double arrow will show the rest of the list and maybe the Backup entry.

VoG II 20:24 22 Dec 03

Try re-setting the menus:

On the Tools menu, click Customize.

With the Customize dialog box open, right-click the menu you want to restore, and then click Reset on the shortcut menu.

On the Customize dialog box, click Close.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…