MS Office applications not starting

Taurus 13:26 05 Feb 05

HI everyone. I just had a bit of a problem with windows (xp pro)and had to do a reinstall. After that MS office (2003) apps would not start up despite reinstallation of the suite. I even tried removing the prog and reinstalling but to no avail. The results of trying to start an app results in a box stating 'Application failed to initialise' and displaying the code '0xc0150002'. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks,

Dave

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:42 05 Feb 05

When you start an Office 2003 program on a Microsoft Windows XP Professional-based computer, you may receive the following error message:
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application.

This behavior may occur if you install Office 2003 and Windows XP Service Pack 1a (SP1a) on your computer, and do any of the following: • You upgrade your Windows XP Home-based computer to Windows XP Professional.
• You reinstall Windows XP on your computer.
• You perform a repair of Windows XP on your computer.

To resolve this behavior, after you upgrade your Windows XP Home-based computer to Windows XP Professional, or you perform a reinstall or repair of Windows XP, reinstall Windows XP SP1a on your computer.

After you reinstall the service pack, restart your computer.

Taurus 14:44 05 Feb 05

Many thanks, I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it will work fine.Once again, thank you for taking the time to search it out. I must get to terms with the black art that is the MSKB :-)

Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…