MS Office 97 Upgrade will not install

Jonas Berry 14:32 16 Mar 03

After having to reinstall Windows XP HE on a new hard drive I find I can no longer install Office 97 U/G as I keep on getting the message that I do not have qualifying programs which allow the U/G to proceed. I find this very strange as I have previously installed Office 97 U/G on W95, W98, & W XP without any problems.
I no long have the box which sets out qualifying programs and I've had no success on the Micorsoft Support pages. Can anyone out there help? The cynic in me suspect a Microsoft plot to get me to buy Office XP!!??

Diemmess 15:47 16 Mar 03

An earlier version of Word should be enough to qualify, but you may have to do a minimal install with it first.

platty100 17:04 16 Mar 03

Hi if i remember right you have to direct it to the cd rom drive wich you have the disc in click on the tab at the end and browes to your cd rom this is the qualifying program.It will then install

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…