MS Office 2013 and 365

Dragonfly2 14:00 PM 28 Jun 13

We're about to upgrade from XP and Office 2002 to Windows 8 (or hopefully 8.1) and MS Office Home & Business 2013 plus Publisher.

My queries are about the 365 edition of Office (which I know includes Publisher). I've done a lot of research, and read glowing information and reviews about Office 2013, and the 365 subscription edition. But everything I've read doesn't answer a couple of simple points. What I really need please, and can't find, is to get some advice from people who have used this.

My questions are these - can anyone advise me please.

1 - Have you got to be connected to the internet to use Office 365 - what happens if I want to type a document in Publisher (or possibly Word), and we can't connect to the internet?

2 - Can I save all the documents on our computer - or has it got to be on Sky Drive?

3 - I'm a fast typist, and expect to see instant results on the screen as I type. If I'm working online, and not with a particularly fast internet connection, how will I get on? Even typing this question into the box on PC Advisor Website, there's a short delay.

Any advice and comments would be really welcome, please. I'm surprised that I haven't seen much about Office 2013 and 365 so far, except for sales talk and reviews.

wiz-king 15:49 PM 28 Jun 13

1) No

2) yes

3 yes if your working offline - depends if your working mobile

see and See1 having seen the reviews I would have to think carefully about it.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED