MS Office 2007 trial

exdragon 08:07 14 Jul 09

Hi - when I get my Vista laptop, it came with a 60 day trial of Office 2007 which I activated. I then bought the boxed version which was available at a reduced price with the new laptop, entered the relevant key and thought that was that.

I'm now getting a message to say that the trial period ends today - am I going to have problems? I would have thought that the registration key would have been recognised.

Thanks

mgmcc 08:50 14 Jul 09

It seems that the trial version is still installed in the Laptop and its entries in the registry are now causing it to expire. I assume you didn't uninstall the trial version before installing the "boxed" copy?

Uninstall Office 2007 from "Control Panel > Programs and Features" and then install it from the full version installation disk. Any documents that you've created shouldn't be affected by this.

Pine Man 09:24 14 Jul 09

If the normal uninstallation, described above, fails check out this Microsoft link. It was the only thing that worked for me. click here

exdragon 10:29 14 Jul 09

Thank you - no, I don't think I uninstalled it. If I remember correctly, I just entered the key when given the option of Purchasing or Already have key. Of course, I could be totally wrong and could be getting mixed up with another programme.

If I do so now, and then re-install, is it likely that I'll have a problem because the key may still be lurking in the registry somewhere? The CD I have can be installed on 3 PCs.

I'll give it a go - oh, if I create a restore point prior to doing this, I should be able to revert back to the current position, shouldn't I? I ask only because I tried to do this the other day with something else and it didn't work.

Pine Man 13:06 14 Jul 09

Go ahead and try an uninstall it shouldn't cause any problems but occasionally you have to clear all of the references to the trial version from the registry and that is basically what the Microsoft link I posted above will show you how to do.

exdragon 13:14 14 Jul 09

Thank you - I'll give it a go as soon as I've reformatted my Humax PVR (which has developed a mind of its own and takes no notice of what I ask it to do) and checked up on the state of my desktop which produced a lot of smoke whilst having a new motherboard fitted...

Ever think you're not a lucky person? At least the kettle still works - or it did when I used it earlier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac