MS Office 2007 Pro - upgrading trial

justjill 19:31 18 Dec 09

Hello,

I'm currently using a trial version of MS Office Pro and want to upgrade to the full version. It's significantly cheaper to buy it new from Amazon than it is to upgrade via Microsoft. If I do buy and install the new version will I lose all the emails I have in Outlook? It's for business use so I really can't lose the emails! Grateful for any advice :)

Jill

Forum Editor 19:36 18 Dec 09

and to be safe I advise you to export the contents of any mail folders to a memory stick or to a folder on your hard drive.

Once the new installation has completed you can import everything, and all will be as it was. Do the same with your contacts as well.

johndrew 19:36 18 Dec 09

You could backup all your e-mails to, say, a separate drive then upgrade to the full version. If they do go missing (I think it unlikely) you can then simply recover the file to its location in the full version.

Actually, if your e-mails are that important you should have a backup already.

GaT7 19:42 18 Dec 09

No you won't lose the emails unless you delete the file Outlook uses to store its emails, or it somehow gets corrupted.

When you install your own version, it may locate the Outlook file automatically. If it doesn't, all you'll have to do is import the emails from the Outlook file into your newly installed Outlook program.

So, whatever you do, make a backup of the Outlook file (a tutorial click here) at the very least, so you can restore it later if required. G

GaT7 19:42 18 Dec 09

You people are too quick for me! G

justjill 19:56 18 Dec 09

Thank you, everyone. You've really put my mind at rest!

Happy Christmas, everyone :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017