MS office 2007 BETA and Office 2003?

benny456 22:13 17 Jul 06

Sorry if this has been previously mentioned, but I am wondering. After you have installed the 2007 BETA, what happens to the 2003 version? When the BETA expires, can you re-install the 03 version? Sorry if this has been said before, but a search turned nothing up.
Thanks, benny456

ade.h 22:28 17 Jul 06

Someone asked that only a few days ago.

I can't remember what the answer was though....

terryf 22:31 17 Jul 06

Search forum for office 2007 beta, this will bring up your answer, it seems as if 2007 overwrote 2003

johnnyrocker 01:01 18 Jul 06

it would appear a lot of people have suffered from trying this leave well alone and try system restore, you will also need a reg scrubber.

johnny.

Jimmy14 01:22 18 Jul 06

When installing Office 2007, you have the option to overwrite your current version of office (2000 or 2003) or to have the new beta version as a seperate install which I chose.

I urge you not to install it as I can't explain how much I was annoyed with trying to get it removed from my system.

And by the way it was me that answered the other persons question which was the same as I'm answering now.

Hope this helps, any more questions then fire them through.

James

benny456 05:51 18 Jul 06

Thanks for the replies. So if I were to install it, I wouldn't be able to re-install Ofiice 2003? (I have the disks)

Taff™ 07:18 18 Jul 06

You would be able to re-install it from the discs but who knows what would happen to your current data? Would it still be readable. Remember that Office 2007 uses the .XML extension which is not backward compatible so you would have to save everything in the current .doc and .xls etc formats.

If I were you there are two alternatives if you really want to try it out. Firstly copy your entire drive using Ghost or Acronis True Image - then you can restore the drive to the original state. Alternatively use a spare machine and when you`ve finished do a clean install.

benny456 07:40 18 Jul 06

To be honest, I really can't be bothered with that kind of rubbish, lol. Yet another crappy BETA from MS, one that stops you from using something you payed alot for.
Sigh, thanks for all your help anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…