MS Office 2007 Activation after uninstall reinstal

philma 10:33 20 Dec 08

I purchased a genuine copy of the above Pro Plus software in September and installed OK. A couple of weeks ago I ran a load of Win/Office updates which unfortunately reactivated an older trial version that was on my PC, giving read only functionality.So I uninstalled all versions and reinstalled from the CD-ROM I'd purchased. I didn't receive the auto-email for activation and when I try to activate using the option in Word, Excel etc. (wnich say I need to activate) simply nothing happens, it just drops me back into the initial screen for whichever product. Presumably it's logged the original activation and thinks that I'm trying to install twice? Shouldn't the uninstall also update that log to allow me to reinstall? Philma.

brundle 11:19 20 Dec 08
  philma 13:30 20 Dec 08

As Title...

realist 13:40 20 Dec 08

Maybe uninstall again, run ccleaner and reinstall.
If all else fails you could try MS Support from brundle's link above?

philma 14:47 20 Dec 08

Go for the above,I guess. By the way, I'd tried brundle's approach before he suggested it and it was no good...including deleting the opa12.dat file...philma

philma 14:34 26 Dec 08

Well, tried another uninstall-reinstall and I've got the same problem...readonly access and no activation key processing..it's got to be pretty simple as people must have to deal with this type of issue all the time??

realist 15:52 26 Dec 08

Call MS Activation 0800 018 8354
with your product key and ask them to sort it?

philma 10:47 03 Jan 09

Hi,

I rang 08706010100, option 2 then option 5 and was give a support query number, then was put through to a very helpful and knowledegeable young lady lady who took me through a process involving deleting various registry entries that were causing the problem, reinstalled and it all worked fine (and still is).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…