Ms office 2003?where download trial?

Jwbjnwolf 19:38 07 Dec 10

II know that microsoft office 2003 is years old now but i hate microsoft office 2007 and 2010.
It is the ribbon interface that i hate.
I could not get along with openoffice as i opened a word document in which i spent alot of time on in school and i was angry seeing that openoffice messed it all up.
So im wodering if anyone knows a direct link to a free trial download of microsoft office 2003 as i get along with that version really well as use it in school and nearly everywhere else.

Your IT department should be able to provide you with it for free. You can't get Office 2003 or 2007 trials only Office 2010.

Jwbjnwolf 20:44 07 Dec 10

if i was looking to buy a 2nd hand copy of ms office 2003 or earlier. what price would i be most likely to pay as at the cheapest?

lotvic 00:36 08 Dec 10

All you have to do is search for it to give you an idea of the 2nd hand prices click here

xania 10:45 08 Dec 10

I know not everyone likes Ebay but this looks genuine and if not all you need do is complain and you'll get a full refund.

click here

Jwbjnwolf 17:00 08 Dec 10

I think that school would not do that as we already have ms office on the dell comuter(2007 version) but like i said i cannot get along with the ribbon interface.
Ms office 2007 and 2010 is alright if you more used to that but as i have grew up using ms office 2003, so that is what i am used to.
And i prefre drop down lists rather that tabs.
I love the new interface for paint in windows 7 but that is only because there is only 2 tabs, and there isw not as much stuff as in ms office.
But most probaly will sometime get ms office 2002/2003 from maybe somewhere like ebay. or if find that too costy then what we think its worth, may look for ms office 97.

Jwbjnwolf 17:38 09 Dec 10

also, is ms office able to be installed on windows 7? thats my mus question as my mum does not really have a need for ms office but when she does need to i know she will hate it so need ms office 2003 on there at some point.

GaT7 17:50 09 Dec 10

You can check for Win7 compatibility with any software/hardware at click here.

Office 97, 2000 & XP are not officially compatible click here, click here & click here, but 2003 onwards is click here.

You should be able to run any XP-compatible Office version (97/2000/XP) in XP Mode, available via the free VMLite click here - that's if you only have Win7 Home Premium version. If you have Win7 Pro & above you can use MS' own XP Mode click here. G

robin_x 18:00 09 Dec 10

I have Office 2000 installed under W7 64 Home.

Outlook moaned about some address book dlls and would only support one email account.
Possibly it (or me) corrupted IMAP saved settings.

I Googled and was easily able to replace the dlls.

Never found out how to access my 3 email accounts at same time so switched to Thunderbird.

Word and Excel were then started giving errors when I double click a document/workbook.

Word or Excel starts but..
"There was a problem sending the card to the program"

Googling that gave lots of hits, and many solutions.
One of them worked. But when Word/Excel broke again I was unable to fix it.

Selecting File/Open works as normal.

I mainly use OpenOffice now.

GaT7 18:24 09 Dec 10

If you can get over your dislike for Office 2010, it's available at Software4Students for under £40 click here (eligibility & FAQs click here).

You can also try the free UBitMenu to make version 2010 more like 2003 - see click here. G

dlloyd 20:55 09 Dec 10

One of my friends has a copy of MS office 2003 he no longer uses, he's removed it from his machine.
He told me that he had sent you a message offering it to you, suggest you read your mail

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5