MS Office 2003 install

Grey 20:20 08 Dec 05

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ I Gb memory WindowsXP Pro I have Office 2000 installed at the moment and I intend to install Office 2003. Can I install without uninstalling Office 2000? If I do uninstall will I lose my work?
Regards from Grey

Jackcoms 20:27 08 Dec 05

Theoretically you shouldn't lose your work because you're un-installing the programs (Word, Excel, etc) and any documents 'stand alone' from the programs.

But, to be on the safe side, back up your work to a pen drive or something similar first.

Diodorus Siculus 20:28 08 Dec 05

If you uninstall, you will not lose your work but you should still have a backup.

You can save the autocorrect file - search for *.acl and that will keep your auto correct entries.

I don't know about doing an upgrade install - it should be possible.

Durko 20:32 08 Dec 05

Not sure,you may have to remove office 2000 first but I'm probably wrong. You can however install office 2003 over office xp without any roblems.

No doubt someone will clarify your query.

Durko

Durko 20:33 08 Dec 05

Not sure,you may have to remove office 2000 first but I'm probably wrong. You can however install office 2003 over office xp without any problems.

No doubt someone will clarify your query.

Durko

VoG II 20:40 08 Dec 05

You can install Office 2003 over the top of Office 2000. Office 2000 components will be removed during the installation.

You will not lose your documents but you should have backuos of these anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…