Ms Notepad doesn't have Find and Replace features

Nosmas 15:01 27 May 05

System W98, MS Office 97, OE v6.0 and IE v6.0

I have been reading a Microsoft Knowledge Base article which refers to using Notepad. One instruction reads "On the Edit Menu click Replace. Click your pointer in the Find What box..." Another instruction states "In Notepad click your point in the Replace With box...."

My version of Notepad has none of these functions on any of the menus. Edit has Undo, Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, Select All, Time/Date F5, Word Wrap and Set Font. Search has Find and Find Next F3.

Clicking on Notepad Help > About Notepad gives no version number - just states 'Microsoft (R) Notepad Windows 98 Copyright(C) 1981 - 1997 Microsoft Corp.' Could it be that I have an outdated version of Notepad? If so from where could I download an up-to-date version which hopefully will have the required functions?

Nosmas 15:19 27 May 05

Just had an idea! Opened Wordpad and surprise! surprise! the Edit menu has the required functions.

Would still be interested to learn if there is a later version of Notepad available though.

pj123 15:25 27 May 05

Beat me to it. Was about to say forget Notepad, use Wordpad. Update to Notepad, wouldn't have thought so.

Joe R 15:25 27 May 05

Nosmas,

This little freeware program, has all that notepad has, and more besides.

click here

Nosmas 15:34 27 May 05

Thanks for that link. Will probably give it a go when I have completed my current project.

Thank you also for your post pj123

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…