MS Money 2004 UK Version

GrahamK31 15:51 16 Sep 09

I have been running MS Money UK in various versions for the past 9 years and last upgraded to the 2004 version a few years ago. I gather that the software is no longer supported by Microsoft and will therefore become increasingly obsolete.
Does anyone have any advice upon the following issues:

1. Is there any other compatible financial management software that I could procure so that i could transfer my extensive data in due course?

2. Does anyone have any recommended alternatives - with similar capabilities as Money UK? Accepted that data transfer may/will not be possible.

3. How can one best store the data i have on MS Money for archive purposes if i do start with a new software system.

4. Or am i worrying unnecessarily??!

Thanks for any assistance/advice

Graham

rawprawn 16:14 16 Sep 09

I use Money 2002, and I am not worried about MS support.
I am running Vista at the moment, but I have tested it on Windows 7 with no problems.
Just use the backup facility within Money to back up your data preferably to an external HDD.
I don't really think that you should worry over much.
You can if you wish simply download bank details in Excel spreadsheet form.

rawprawn 16:26 16 Sep 09

Another thought, make sure that you have a copy of the original disc in case of accidents.
(I'm a belt and braces man)

Quiet Life 17:57 16 Sep 09

click here
Details of when support stopped.
What can go wrong? Money seems to have less problems than a lot of other programs.
I am sure any help you need you wil get on this Forum

sunnystaines 20:21 16 Sep 09

have you thought about microsoft excel we do all our finances on it.

Mark10 21:01 16 Sep 09

Have you tried 'Gnucash'? Not used it myself but its free, open source and can handle quicken and MS money files. Its available for windows as well as linux.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…