MS Money 2004 .mbf restore not working

I have had to restore my PC which resulted in reloading MS Money 2004 from the CD. I then tried to restore the backup which is a .mbf file. This will not restore telling me that MS Money cannot locate the file.

I know the file is where I am looking and that it is a viable backup.

I have followed the usual instructions and have also looked at all the chat rooms and followed miriade suggestions.

Has anyone any more ideas ?

I will be moving to Banktrees but really would like my data to avoid having to restart everything and loose all my history too !!!

Help

Jeremy Mumford

csqwared 19:33 22 Oct 11

I had this problem following following a rebuild and re-installation of MS Money 2004. After a bit of trial and error I found that, after re-installation, in a little while a window appeared advising me to wait for a download as my back up files would not be readable. This is an automatic download and appears after five or ten minutes. Give it a try. As an add on, I'm not familiar with Banktrees, but I moved to Money Manager Ex from Code Lathe (www.codelathe.com/mmex) primarily as I now use Linux. This a free, very comprehensive financial manager and also runs under Windows. Have look.

cc

johnnyrocker 19:41 22 Oct 11

not a good idea to use your E-mail address in a public forum?

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…