MS Messenger problem

joelmb 10:49 15 Feb 05

Hi guys. Messenger was working fine up until today, when I tried to log in and it said I needed to upgrade it, which I did. Now it tells me it can't find an internet connection and can't log in. Very irritating that an 'upgrade' stops a program working. I can log in using Trilian (a multi chat client) so its not the service outtage again that happened recently. Trillian unfortunately doesnt work for MSN group chats, otherwise I'd remove messenger completely.
Any ideas?

The message I get it ' We were unable to sign you in to.NET Messenger service, possibly because of a problem with the service or with your internet connection. Please make sure that you are conected to the Internet. 0x81000301' Then Rety / Cancel/ Help buttons.

end 10:54 15 Feb 05

have just double checked mine and it is working OK, having taken the upgrade the other day; suggest you might try logging out completely from the program,remove it from the tray icons and reload it from the program menue:)

Audeal 13:11 15 Feb 05

Check you firewall is allowing it to access the internet. Sometimes when upgrading you need to re-allow the connection.

trainee-vic 18:48 15 Feb 05

you might like to try click here= for MSN advice how to fix the problem.

trainee-vic 18:57 15 Feb 05

You need to type in the error code 81000301

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…