MS Messenger

david4637 16:47 06 Jun 04

Can someone please point me to some info on the above and whether you can speak to other PC users and whether the audio is as good as a phone call. Thanks David

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:52 06 Jun 04
  Charence 17:01 06 Jun 04

click here - to download.

You can use this program to type, talk and even see the other person. The quality is even better than phone if you have a fast internet connection. Another advantage is that it is FREE! You only pay for internet costs.

Charence

The Earl Of Sabden 18:46 06 Jun 04

A great free program for one-to-one PC chats regardless of your chat program is click here Give it a go.

Worldwide access to thousands of people on the Skype network.... You'll love it.

You will need a Headset with built in mircophone. Used it for months and other than making dozens of freinds, you can chat to your neighbour, friends down the road, friends abroad, all for FREE and with telephone sound quaility.. Best I've ever come across. Go for it. EOS.

david4637 17:02 08 Jun 04

Thanks for your replies. I will check out your replies above tomorrow.

I should have said I use W98SE and access the net by dial up.

Does messenger come on the W98SE install CD.

Does it work well on dial up?

Thanks David

david4637 21:09 09 Jun 04

Refresh

david4637 21:32 09 Jun 04

MS Messenger - Can you speak (not type a message) to another user? Thanks David

johnnyrocker 00:20 10 Jun 04

yes if you have a mic and a full wave audio card at least that is what i yhink it is called otherwise it is like the old transatlantic phone calls where you had to wait for the other party to stop talking.

johnny

david4637 19:01 10 Jun 04

Thanks for your reply. I have a mic and transmitter. Have you actually tried speaking to another user, how do you call them up? Thanks David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…