MS Frontpage: Adding extra pages, buttons, etc

eat more fruit 19:31 12 Jul 06

I’ve built a basic website consisting of 5 pages. All pages have got the same basic format, with identical menu and buttons on each page.

I now want to add a few more pages (with sub-menus) to the website. So need to add a few extra buttons to the menu.

If I first of all make all the changes to the homepage, is there a way that Frontpage will automatically add the same changes to all the other pages – or have I got to make the same changes to each page individually, one at a time?

Djohn 23:07 12 Jul 06

Don't think so, but if your new pages will have the same layout as the home page with added buttons or links then the quickest way I can think of is to open the home page, file/select all/file/copy, click on the new page icon as many times as you want new pages then on the first of the new pages go, file/paste and it will give you the same as your home page. Add the new buttons or links then copy/paste that page layout to the rest of the new blank pages.

yattonharrytoo 07:58 13 Jul 06

emf,
You need to copy ONE page, say your index page and paste this into your Root folder [at the very top]
They will all have the same name now index[copy1].htm
and index[copy1].htm If you now view Navigation, by clicking on the page view and opening View/Navigation. You can drag these pages into the nav pane and rename them as you wish. FP will do the rest for you.

Woolwell 11:43 22 Jul 06

I am far from an expert on websites but I have Frontpage 2000. I assume that you have created your menu and button using the navigation bars at the top and side. If you go to Navigation view which will give a tree view of your website you can drag you new pages to where you like and the navigation bars will automatically be updated.
Hope that this helps.

Woolwell 11:43 22 Jul 06

Sorry failed to notice resolved tick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac