MS FRONT PAGE PROBLEM

User-312386 22:23 10 Feb 03

hi folks at my new site there are guide lines, at MY WEB PAGE(click here) which i use in frontpage

HOW DO I STOP THEM SHOWING UP ON THE SITE?, but still have them in front page?

Forum Editor 23:40 10 Feb 03

If you use tables, you need to set the properties to show no borders.

Right click anywhere in the table, and select Table properties. Look for the 'Borders' section and set the scrollable value to zero. Then click 'Apply' and save the page to the server. Stay online, look at your page in Internet Explorer (remember to click the refresh button) and your tables will show no border.

MichelleC 11:08 11 Feb 03

Nice site. You can add a theme if you like, and click add to all pages and the b/g theme will apply throughout.

User-312386 20:30 11 Feb 03

still can not get rid of the borders

heeeelp

tried what you said FE and they still remain, the borders part is "greyed out" and i can not even change it to white so i could at least hide them

madboy33

short-circuit 21:31 11 Feb 03

When I looked at the HTML code for your site, it looks as if Dynamic HTML and cascading style sheet formatting has been applied. Did you pick a theme for this site? The style has applied a sollid bottom border of 1 to some of you tables and I suspect that this is what is making the white lines you are talking about.

I was able to remove one of the white lines by scrolling through the HTML until I found the words

style="border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-width: 1"

within a <td> tag. When the style wording was deleted and the page saved, one of the white lines disappeared. You could remove all the white lines this way by finding all the references to style that matched this wording and deleting them from the HTML.

The vertical white line at the side of one of your pages, will probably be something like...

style="border-right-style: solid; border-right-width: 1"

Hope this helps. Post again if you don't understand this.

Scott

User-312386 21:48 11 Feb 03

Brilliant thanks a lot

But i should be able to do this within frontpage rather than having do delve into the HTML.
Shouldnt I?

madboy33

spikeychris 21:54 11 Feb 03

Just thought I'd pop in and have a look at this and short-circuit, that is one of the best posts I have seen for a long time...

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…