MS Excel Spreadsheets on Me

Jim Crint 14:42 23 Feb 03

Does anyone know why I cannot get excel to run with Windows ME.

The programme loads from the MS Office 2000 CD ok, but when I open the spreadsheet- it quits. The CD is Win98, should it not open in Me anyway?

Is it part on the anti-pirate software to make Me users buy a new copy of Office @ £300.00 a go ?

Answers would be appreciated guys.

huzzar 15:36 23 Feb 03

I had Office 97 and 2000 running very well on ME tho' not at the same time. Try repair or reinstall.

Jim Crint 15:47 23 Feb 03

huzzar, Thanx for reply, How can I 'repair' the software? Please clarify !

huzzar 14:15 25 Feb 03

In Excel go to Help then select 'Detect and repair'

jazzypop 16:42 25 Feb 03

I'm not too sure that you will be able to follow huzzar's advice to open Excel and choose repair, if your problem is that you can't open Excel :)

There are two other ways round this ...

Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove, choose Excel (or Office, depending on your version, and click Remove. You will then get the option to repair Office.

The other is to insert the Office CD - assuming that the disk automatically loads, you should be given a 'Repair' option from there.

It can help if you disable your anti-virus software while you carry out the repair function.

I don't understand 'the CD is W98' bit at all - you have Office 2000 and Windows ME, right?

Oh yes, and Office 2000 can work perfectly well with ME :)

Jim Crint 20:10 25 Feb 03

Thanks for your help guys.

Will try your suggestions and let you know

Jim Crint 22:11 26 Feb 03

Jazzypop, thanks for your help, have done as you suggested and at 2nd attempt everything loaded and seems to be running OK !

Thank you

Jim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…