MS Excel Password

Powersurf 11:38 15 May 06

My son who's 13 was messing with my computer and is obsessed with passwords. Everything he has is passworded. When i went to put my other kids to bed, he decided as a joke that he would password protect the workshhet and now i am stuck, cant edit, or do anything. Is there any programs or tips to remove this password so i can use the important data in the worksheet.

Thanks for your help

Powersurf 11:39 15 May 06

PS: He does remember what password he typed in!!!

mammak 11:43 15 May 06

Cant he just tell you what it is then ?

Powersurf 11:46 15 May 06

He does not know. He said he moved his hand across the keyboard and said he didnt think about it. He has no idea what it is

beynac 11:48 15 May 06

Click on "Protection" on the Tools menu, then "Unprotect Sheet..." and enter the password when prompted. Click OK.

beynac 11:49 15 May 06

He must know - he had to enter it twice!

Powersurf 11:53 15 May 06

Never thought of that. He's at school now and when he gets home i will ask him. This has gone far behond a joke now.

beynac 12:04 15 May 06

If you select the whole of the worksheet, then copy it and paste it into a new one using "Paste Special" (All) then you should be OK.

Powersurf 14:15 15 May 06

Not working. As well as the data there is macros. The data is no goot without the macros as they are used to calculate the data. It is very important that i get the password as its my business accounting data.

I was talking to my son at lunch and he says he doesnt know the password

Any suggestions

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:34 15 May 06

Word / Excel
click here

Password recovery
click here

beynac 14:35 15 May 06

Oh dear - sorry to hear that. Have you got a backup copy of the file? If so, you could restore that to get the structure and the macros and then do copy/paste to get the up-to-date data.

I'm afraid that I don't know if there is any way of cracking the password. There are programs that do this, but I don't know them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…