MS Error Report on opening DVDPlus

lightfeet 12:16 09 Apr 04

Have installed Serif DVDPlus but am unable to start it. When trying to open the program a Microsoft error report is displayed which says ‘DVDPlus MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close’. I have uninstalled & reinstalled the program but still get the same response (When uninstalling a message stated 'Cannot delete gearsec. Access is denied.')
Can anyone suggest how I can investigate the cause of this problem?
I have tried to contact Serif but of course they are closed for the Bank Holiday until Tuesday & I wanted to use the program over the weekend

bretsky 14:48 09 Apr 04

This may point you in the right direction click here

bretsky ;0)

lightfeet 07:14 11 Apr 04

Thanks, bretsky for your reply. Interesting link which has lead me to others. It seems it's a common difficulty but surprisingly nowhere is a solution shown. When/if solution is found I will post here

lightfeet 07:34 21 Apr 04

Serif Support has replied to my email & requested list of details on all of my MFC files.
From their forum it appears this problem has been in existence for over 12 months, so I don't expect a rapid solution.

I will tick resolved box & if/when Serif comes up with a solution I will update this thread

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…