MS Download - IE 7

JohnC123 12:45 25 Nov 06

Whenever I start my pc, MS download icon pops up and tells me 'download is ready for installation' This particular download is IE7 which I do not want to install having had previous problems with it. How can I remove the downloaded file and stop the MS download icon showing every time I log on ?
any advice will be appreciated - John

anskyber 13:06 25 Nov 06

There will be an easier way that this but I cannot think of one at the moment.

Install it, then uninstall in add remove programs which will take you back to IE6.

Go to control panel security center and turn off automatic updates. Go to MS updates site and scan for updates, it will find it again, highlight it and select do not tell me about this update again.

Just out of curiosity what problems did you have with it before and was it a Beta version or the final release?

anskyber 13:08 25 Nov 06

If you really dislike it this will stop it ever coming as well.click here

JohnC123 13:15 25 Nov 06

Anskyber - Many thanks for that "Blockit".
I had numerous problems with IE7 - mainly it used to freeze up my pc and the only way out was to switch off the power and start again. This was the original Beta version but it managed to persuade me to keep IE 6 which seems to run with no probelms for me. I'll close this thread now and go to MS to Block IE7 !

Stuartli 13:43 25 Nov 06

Did you check the "Don't tell me about this download again" or similar wording?

Also, from Automatic Updates in Security Center, select "Notify me about downloads but don't download or install them".

When the yellow icon appears in the Notification tray click on the icon and choose or reject what updates, patches etc you want (an explanation is given for each download's purpose).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…