MS downlaods the pros and cons

ronalddonald 15:07 17 Jul 08

Should i downlad MS updates and can they slow down my laptop. Are they very important can they safe guard?

Do you download them? Do they take a very long time? Are they safe to download them?

Many questions i know but i never downloaded on new laptop, on my previous laptop i got so frustrated when a download would take forever or choose to download at the wrong time.

Whats the best way to download them when your on the net or doing some important work on the computer.
Have i posted this in the wrong forum?

Clapton is God 15:26 17 Jul 08

can they slow down my laptop - generally no.

Are they very important can they safe guard? - yes.

Do you download them? - Yes always.

Do they take a very long time? - if you're on dial-up they can. On BB, they're usually pretty fas.

Are they safe to download them? - yes. Safety is not an issue. The whole point of many of them is to increase the safety and security of your internet 'experience'

Whats the best way to download them when your on the net or doing some important work on the computer. - It's up to you. If you have a fast laptop, you can let them download in the background whilst you're doing other things. If your laptop/connection is slow let them download whilst you go off and have a cup of tea.

ronalddonald 15:40 17 Jul 08

Thanks Clapon is God
one more question, do you have to stop the firewall before you download.

Clapton is God 15:40 17 Jul 08

No

ronalddonald 15:50 17 Jul 08

Did you get your title from Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy? I'm sure ive heard it there many years ago, may be im wrong

Clapton is God 15:59 17 Jul 08

"Did you get your title from Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy?"

No I didn't. You need to brush up on your 1960's musical history. ;-)) click here

DippyGirl 16:17 17 Jul 08

1960's and then some ... Slowhand is still at it - one of the all time greats

ronalddonald 17:33 17 Jul 08

Clapton is God, I can clear this up with my friend for some reeason he thought it was from Hitch Hikers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…