MS-dos on win98se

ahales42 23:49 12 Feb 03

every time i shut down to dos i get a blank screen.the computer freezes cos i cant use the keyboard and have to reboot. could someone help please?

woodchip 23:53 12 Feb 03

try just swithing of then restart if it does not do a scandisk your comp shud be ok. I have one does the same thing

Djohn 23:59 12 Feb 03

woodchip, "swithing of" , I'm so pleased that FE. does not allow a editing facility, It's lines like this, that make me smile. :o)

woodchip 00:08 13 Feb 03

The comp I have is a old AT system AMD K6 500 with a motherboard that was hard to get hold of and I could never change the shut down something that’s different. It would work OK with 95 but never with 98, screen just goes from windows to gray then to black. I then pull the plug

ahales42 00:08 13 Feb 03

switched off and on,shutdown to dos and got the same black screen.looks like i`m missing or have a corrupted file\s.

ahales42 00:14 13 Feb 03

i really need to get to dos as my fdcontroller has thrown its hand and win me has decided that my cpu is less than 150mhz.it`s actually 233mmx.(don`t laugh,it does me fine)

woodchip 00:17 13 Feb 03

I am also tired and ready for bed, body hurts a lot I think I will also pull the plug on this one as well. I am also Wheezing on Water tablets for fluid round the “art”. Is that spelt right

woodchip 00:19 13 Feb 03

Can you go back to a restore point if you are on WinME

woodchip 00:21 13 Feb 03

What OS as you said you was on Win98 if so run SFC from the run box. put your Win98 cd in comp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…