MS-DOS Bootable CD?

Gaz W 17:04 17 Oct 03

I need to create a bootable DOS CD for a PC without a floppy drive. I am using Windows XP Pro and Nero 5.5.

I know you can create a bootable CD using Nero, but I don't know how I am going to get DOS to boot from it. Will I need an old Windows CD (e.g. 95/98?)

Terrahawk 17:26 17 Oct 03

try here click here

seedie 17:29 17 Oct 03

You need to tell the BIOS to boot from the CDRom as the first boot device.

To create a bootable CDRom in Nero you wil need a bootable floppy so nero can copy from it

pj123 17:46 17 Oct 03

You might be able to get a bootable CD from this site at click here

Gaz W 11:26 18 Oct 03

Thanks for your replies.

This site was down yesterday I think so I couldn't get on. I know about setting the BIOS, and it has been set like this for a while because I have been installing/uninstalling Windows on that machine. Unfortunately I couldn't get the program from bootdisk.com to work (it said Not Responding). Luckily I was just down here typing and found a Windows 98SE boot disk which should do the job.

How do I transfer this to the CD-ROM and make it bootable? I know that on a disk you have to format the disk and it puts certain files into a different section of the disk. This probably isn't possible with CDs, so how does it recognise which program to run?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…