MS custom disctionary + others

novis 10:00 19 Jun 08

I would like to save copies of my custom dictionary which i have created in MS Word - where can i find it please?

Also, is Normal in Templates / MS Office where the auto correct changes are kept?

Are there any other similarly customised files in MS Office that I could save in the event of a crash / transfer to a new machine?

Is there any way of periodically automatically saving them / or when I make changes?

Thanks.

chub_tor 10:05 19 Jun 08

Location of Custom Dictionary can be found by going to Word, Tools, Options, Spelling & Grammar, Click on Custom Dictionaries and the full path is shown at the bottom of the box.

novis 10:25 19 Jun 08

The path says: ... Microsoft/Proof/CUSTOM.DIC

However when I get to the Microsoft folder there is no Proof folder.

If it is hidden - how do I show it5?

chub_tor 11:30 19 Jun 08

Control Panel, Appearance and Personalisation, Folder Options, Show Hidden Files and Folders. That's the procedure for Vista.

If I remember correctly it was easier in XP. I think that you could do it through Tools, Options, Folder View or something like that on just about any folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…