MS Bluetooth Mouse

TheTerminator 21:44 02 Nov 03

I have had a MS bluetooth mouse
click here
and have had several weeks perfect joy out of it. Now the batteries are dead and having replaced teh batteries and pressed the connect button, I can not get the mouse to work! The infra red light comes on when i click a button or move the mouse, but the bluetooth dongle just can not find it. really annoying! any ideas on how to resolve this?

Many thanks,

TheTerminator 11:28 15 Nov 03

click here;en-us;811798

SYMPTOMS
When you try to use the Wireless Optical Desktop for Bluetooth keyboard or mouse, the keyboard or mouse may not function at all, or may not be detected by Microsoft Windows.
CAUSE
This issue occurs if the device signal is not detected by the signal transceiver.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Click Printers and Other Hardware.

Note: If you use the Classic view of Control Panel this option will not exist. Go to step 3.
Click (or double-click if you use Classic View) Wireless Link, and then click the Bluetooth tab.
Select the Bluetooth device that is not responding (mouse or keyboard), and then click Remove.
Click Add.
Click Next, and then press the Connect button that is on the bottom of the device. If the device is not found click Refresh, and then press the Connect button that is on the bottom of the device again.
Click the device that is found, and then click Next.
When prompted to authenticate the device, click No for the mouse or click Yes for the Keyboard.
If you add a Bluetooth keyboard you will be prompted to enter a passkey.

A passkey is a series of numbers that is used for authentication. If you add a Bluetooth mouse you will not be prompted for a passkey.
After the authentication process is successful, click to select the Drivers for keyboard, mouse, etc (HID) check box.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…