MS Backup rejects some mail boxes

Connaught 09:59 17 Jan 03
  Connaught 09:59 17 Jan 03

I have Win 98 and have tried to use MS Backup to back up to CD RW. Having selected the files which includes the Outlook express emails, the program in its report backs up everything with the exception two email .dbx files because it says they were busy. Outlook express was dormant at the time so it seems crazy. I have tried again and again. Out of 3568 files, 3566 were properly backed up. Does anyone know what is happening please?

Connaught

DieSse 10:47 17 Jan 03

When you say "dormant" - do you mean closed, or open and doing nothing. At the very least it will probably have to be closed.

Connaught 15:42 17 Jan 03

For DieSse

Sorry I meant closed.

If you can help I will be grateful.

Thanks

Connaught

DieSse 16:35 17 Jan 03

Mmm - strange.

Are the .dbx files part of the standard set (Inbox, Outbox, etc) - or some you have set up?

Have you got anything running permanently which may involve your mail folders - an email checker, for instance?

Try closing down all the running tasks except the essential ones - does it work then? - If it does you can find the culprit by elimination.

Connaught 21:00 19 Jan 03

Thanks DieSse

Disabled Symantec antivrus and back up worked. Its strange the antivirus prog must be kicking at files even though they are closed!

Thanks anyway

Connaught

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…