MS Antispyware Update Problem

rawprawn 11:34 10 Dec 05

Suddenly it tells me it cannot connect to the internet to update, the only thing to have changed is I now have an ethernet connection. It is version 1.0.701 expires 31/07/2006. It is not blocked by ZA, and in diagnostics "Auto Updater" is shown as "Enabled" When I click on update I get the message "Warning unable to connect to the internet" All other auto update programs are working with no problems, any ideas?

gudgulf 11:42 10 Dec 05

It is probably still trying to use the old connection.

I can't find any setting for this in the program so I would try reinstalling it.Your new internet connection should be recognised then.

Hamish 11:44 10 Dec 05

Good morning rawprawn, I have the same problem which I am sure is at their end. I have tried on two computers and get the same message. Will try to update later

rawprawn 11:46 10 Dec 05

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

rawprawn 11:48 10 Dec 05

Good morning to you, If you have the same problem, then I suspect you are right in that the problem is at their end.I will try again later, in the meantime I will leave the thread open and see if there are any more with this problem. Thanks.

rawprawn 11:57 10 Dec 05

Are you with Tiscali? I seem to be having intermittent problems finding their server, and I am beginning to suspect that is where the problem lies.

Hamish 12:03 10 Dec 05

No I am with BT. I have other antispyware so I am not worried and will not change any settings as yet.

VoG II 12:06 10 Dec 05

Same problem here and I'm with blueyonder cable broadband.

gudgulf 12:17 10 Dec 05

Now you all mention it I can't connect either,lol

I'm on AOL broadband.

rawprawn 12:19 10 Dec 05

Let's all have a party!! :-)

Hamish 12:24 10 Dec 05

click here

Look here if this link works and it will be a big party. Whisky for me please if you are serving up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…