ms antispyware and spywareblaster conflict?

sunny staines 17:14 22 Apr 05

scanned with latest update
and ms antispyware found a reported keylogger at c\program files\spywareblaster\unins000.exe
I think this may be spywareblaster file but worried it could be a spyware program using spywareblaster name in the title. Anyone else got it can offer advice please.

961 17:27 22 Apr 05

This seems to have happened since the latest update of Microsoft's programme and has been reported elsewhere in this forum

For my own part I've deleted the item without any apparent problem while I await more information

I've no doubt the Spywareblaster guys will be on the case. I'll certainly not be deleting their programme

VoG II 17:32 22 Apr 05

Yes, I've got it too.

kyprosman 17:34 22 Apr 05

Yes same here after I updated MS AntiSpyware, I just deleted what it found and have no probs. Andy

sunny staines 17:34 22 Apr 05

i have not deleted it just put it in quarentine.

came as a shock as i have internet banking, now others have it i suspect it just a clash and not spyware using spywareblaster name.

rubella 17:38 22 Apr 05
  sunny staines 17:47 22 Apr 05

ms spyware scans during the night every night. did not have this clash till downloaded todays upgrades from ms

helmetshine 20:03 22 Apr 05

I believe it's a false positive as it definitely IS the uninstaller for spywareblaster,thats doesn't mean it can't have a keylogger in it but click here and the concensus of opinion seems to be false positive as well.
As per some of the advice there i've just renamed it till a definitive answer comes out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…