Ms Antispyware or virus?

ACOLYTE 20:39 21 Aug 05

I was doing some looking about and i have found on my system the program gcasServ.exe it is supposed to be related to MSantispyware but the can also be a varient of the RBOT worm that adds the same file so now i dont know what to think or do,i have done scans and nothing shows up but its made me wonder click here click here is what this site thinks and also i have startup inspector for windows and this to seems to think its related to the RBOT worm im getting conflicting reports and im not sure,does any one else have this file ? i also have a gsacDTServ running as well is this part of MS spyware too?

stalion 20:45 21 Aug 05

this is where the file should be located also try a scan with a2
click here
click here

gazza38 20:47 21 Aug 05

I have the same and there is nothing to worry about,as you correctly say,it's the ms antispy program.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:50 21 Aug 05

gcasServ.exe should only be located in your MsAntispyware folder i.e. c:\Program Files\MsAntipyware

Anywhere else is suspect.

VoG II 20:52 21 Aug 05

I have both of those processes running and after my 'dice with death' last night click here I'm absolutely confident that I'm infection-free (again).

ACOLYTE 21:00 21 Aug 05

I also downloaded and ran that program for MSN icons and nothing on the PC went funny about spyware i had no popups what so ever,now im wondering if its a delayed reaction, i did notice this mornign that i had 2 MSspyware icons in the system tray but thought nothing of it as one went away shortly after boot,could MS spyware have been nobled? im scanneing with house call as i type,but my AV didnt find anything.

ACOLYTE 21:28 21 Aug 05

Well the scan shows nothing infected but did find
spyware that my other scans didnt
these are classed as medium risk i have scanned with A2,spybot,adaware,Msspyware and they found none of these items.

ACOLYTE 22:31 21 Aug 05

Sorted thx all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…