//some 3rd party need geo

ms antispyware no run on win me

holly polly 18:42 29 Apr 05

Hi after reading pca advisors latest edition i thought i'd give microsofts beta a work out ,the download page clearly showed that the supported platforms were win xp ,2000,me and 98 -how is it then when i try to install get the error please install on a pc running win 2000 or greater -wish i hadnt bothered now -is this gunna be the trend of microsoft -not to write anymore software for the older platforms ,slowly pressure you out -bite the bullet and use xp ,i would love to use xp i have a shiny copy of xp pro tried numerous times to run it ,run fine until conected to internet and then crashed ,posted for help at the time but no-one came up with any suggestions ,see Mr Gates we all cannot go your way -------

Regards -Hol Pol...

VoG II 18:45 29 Apr 05

click here makes it clear that it only runs on 2000, CP or 2003.

Curio 18:47 29 Apr 05

Counterspy is Equivalent. Runs on ME.click here
You have to pay for it though

bof:) 18:52 29 Apr 05

Hi Holly Polly, can you provide a link to the posting you did for not connecting to the internet. Thanks,

Mike

Ps yes personally I think this is the way Microsoft are going. I think they have stopped writing fixes for Windows98 as it is, although I may be wrong.

Mike

holly polly 18:54 29 Apr 05

yes vog many thanks seen that followed the pca link in downloads security /antispyware and clearly showed that the platforms i stated earlier were supported .
so all in all everything is xp orientated then?-hol pol...

holly polly 18:58 29 Apr 05

click here

see it clearly says it does

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…