MS Access97 print problem

GRFT 07:40 06 Jan 05

I can't get Access97 files to print in the portrait mode on a single A4 sheet. It insists on splitting the file to print on two sheets even though there's plenty of space on one. The file has 8 columns (fields), the last one being printed on the second page. Files with fewer fields print OK. Is there a restriction on the number of fields? One solution is to use the landscape mode, but I would prefer not to. Many thanks for your help.

Diemmess 10:13 06 Jan 05

Perhaps I'm stating the obvious, but if you open the file in design mode, it must be possible.

Reduce the font size and or restrict the field size, moving the fields closer together and checking with preview as you go. Be sure there are no fancy lines or background in the Report to extend the width of the finished job.

I know of no restriction on field numbers for this. It is limited only by your need for legibility.

GRFT 15:30 06 Jan 05

Thanks for your reply. I'll try that tonight.

Diemmess 16:22 06 Jan 05

You might also see if you can narrow the margins in File > Page Setup - Best of luck

GRFT 12:39 08 Jan 05

Your help is much appreciated. I reduced the width of the fields until the print was OK, but by then there wasn't enough space to show all the data. So it looks like I'll have to do with landscape in this instance.
Thanks again.

Diemmess 15:39 08 Jan 05

Glad to be of 'some' help.

Assuming you have reduced the font size as much as you can, then with large text fields you can always make space below for a second line, though unless you are very lucky it will seldom look right, and may quickly run to extra pages for the report - or both!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…