MS Access - suggestions

Zeltine 13:03 20 Jun 06

I have a MS Access databse Ver 1.x?
I am wanting to transfer the data to MS Office Access 2003. I have tried all the obvious routes, to no avail.
Does anyone know of any application that would enable me to view or get the data out of the older version of Access?

Thanks in advance
Ian

xania 13:08 20 Jun 06

Don't know anything specific about V1, so just a thought. Try to import the data into Excel.

Zeltine 13:11 20 Jun 06

Have tried that, problems with MS Jet and previous versions compatability.!!

Woolwell 13:50 20 Jun 06

I assume that you have tried opening your version 1 database in Access 2003. I have only got up to Access 2000 but when I had an old Access database I opened it in the new version and it automatically updated. The problem is that you cannot go back ie a database created in the newer version of Access cannot be read by an older version.

However this may help:
click here

Woolwell 13:53 20 Jun 06

Alternatively try this
click here
But this is for Access 2.

stylehurst 14:01 20 Jun 06

A long winded route, I know, but if neither of the above will work. How about exporting your Version 1 Access database to a DBF file format, and importing the DBF file format back to Access 2003.

Zeltine 14:10 20 Jun 06

Thanksks Woolwell, have tried both your suggestions, to no avail I am afraid, but thank you for helping.
Stylehurst: The problem is that I cannot open the db to be able to export it!

Woolwell 15:28 20 Jun 06

I have an redundant copy of Office 95 Pro with Access 95 if that is any use. Thoughts are convert to Access 95 and then to Access 2003.

Zeltine 15:39 20 Jun 06

That seems like the most logical way of doing it.
Email?
Thanks for your help on this, greatly appreciated.

Woolwell 15:44 20 Jun 06

E-mail me with your details through the yellow envelope and I'll put it in the post. Mind you the discs haven't been used for over 6 years so I hope they are still ok.

neil_raj 20:46 06 Jan 07

Hello Forum,

Years of work, please help! I'm at my wits end!

The problem;

Created a database in Access 2003, transfered to my pen drive to work/update the database on my laptop, also running Access 2003. Transfered to new updated database via my pen drive back to my PC and now the database won't open.

The error reads;

The Microsoft Jet Database Engine
could not find the object "Databases". Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name
and the path name correctly!

Has anybody any ideas? Downloaded the Access 2003 Conversion Toolkit, but I don't know what to do or if it's any help to me?

Your attention would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Neil.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…