MS Access Problem

mEmo99 10:43 30 Nov 07

I've just rebuilt my PC with Windows XP Professional OS and re-installed my Office 2003 Suite.
Everything works except for MS Access which, when i click on the option in Programs, pops up a Microsoft Office Professional installation window followed by a configuration window, both with progress bars which complete without error.
The problem is that Access doesn't open.
I've tried right-clicking on my database in windows explorer and selecting the OPEN WITH option and choosing access but the same happens.
I've un-installed and rebooted, re-installed and rebooted, with no luck...
Any thoughts would be appreciated...
Oh, I've tried the same installation CD on a friends PC with XP Home and it works first time!

Chris the Ancient 11:58 30 Nov 07

I suspect there is a corruption hiding in the registry somewhere that a reload isn't curing.

Have a read here

click here

which explains how to run 'detect and repair'. That should (hopefully) sort it.

CtA

mEmo99 08:43 07 Dec 07

I've run detect and repair from Word and it hasn't solved my problem.
I've also installed Access from a different source disk and i still get the Microsoft Office Professional 2003 installation window followed by a configuration progress message which completes without error, but still Access does not load.
I do think it is a registry issue as the disks work on a different PC. Any ideas please?
I'm not a pro at registry entries, but after i've un-installed office on the offending PC i can still see office entries in the software sections when i run regedit, including ones for Access...
Any thoughts please?

Chris the Ancient 09:27 07 Dec 07

Try this...

Use the Office disc to uninstall the complete suite.

Make a System Restore point so that you can go back if things do go wrong (unlikely).

Use CCleaner (a free program) from click here and select the 'Registry' button to 'Fix Issues'.

If that doesn't find any:

Try RegSeeker from click here which is an even more powerful registry cleaner. It has an Autoclean function which works out and doed everything automatically.

Then try reloading Office again.

HTH

CtA

Chris the Ancient 09:28 07 Dec 07

Try this...

Use the Office disc to uninstall the complete suite.

Make a System Restore point so that you can go back if things do go wrong (unlikely).

Use CCleaner (a free program) from click here and select the 'Registry' button to 'Fix Issues'.

If that doesn't find any:

Try RegSeeker from click here which is an even more powerful registry cleaner. It has an Autoclean function which works out and doed everything automatically.

Then try reloading Office again.

HTH

CtA

Chris the Ancient 09:28 07 Dec 07

Sorry about the double post.

xania 09:35 07 Dec 07

Have you run all the updates - I understand they are now at SP3. Certainly, some versions were haviong uninstall problems, and your probelm with Access is almost certainly due to the fact that you've never uninstalled the original completely.

Another alterntive might be to run a registy cleaner program:

click here

JasonZBell 07:22 01 May 08

If it does turn out to be a corrupt registry, you can find software to fix this at click here

JFahe 22:07 01 Sep 08

Be very careful when using the registry cleaner programs you mentioned on click here

They can cause more damage than you had previously and should only ever be used occaisionally.

Caveat Emptor and that...

cardmagi 18:21 29 May 09

If you need it, you can clean out your registry using this tool:

<a href="click here">test</a>

cardmagi 18:22 29 May 09

If there is corruption in the registry, you have to use a registry cleaners to clean it out. Try this registry cleaners click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…