//some 3rd party need geo

MS Access problem

widdy 14:45 04 Oct 03

Being new to access i would appreciate a little help regarding finding a name in the table that i have created which holds all the club members details.

The report responds fine if i spell the name that i am searching for correctly but i would like it to respond with a sugestion if i input, say, the first two or three letters.

Thanks

Sir Radfordin 16:20 04 Oct 03

The report must be bassed on a query with variable parameters. Find the query you are using and open it up in design view.

I think you need to use LIKE in the criteria so if you wanted to bring back SMITH you could type in SMI* and Access would say that SMI was like SMITH.

Sturggling to remember the precise details sorry!

If you simply need to find a name in the table, use the find feature in Access. Click the binoculars at the top tof the screen, You can enter partial names etc. This is by far the easiest way to simply 'find' something. It will work from table view or form view.

widdy 23:12 04 Oct 03

Cheers, that works but what i want, what i really really want, is to be able to find a partial match from the switchboard option/button of "find member" by a user who doesn't really know much about the system.
i.e. click on button titled "find member" then enter first few letters of name and get a near match

Chris the Ancient 13:09 05 Oct 03

Only just caught your thread.

What you want to do is, indeed possible. However, it needs to be done with a form you've designed, with a special load of VBA coding behind it!

Once upon a time, I had exactly the same problem as you - did a load of searching through different forums and 'borrowed' and modified someone elses idea (who said plagiarism is dead?).

If you are into vba for access, come back to me and I'll offer more help.

Chris

widdy 20:26 05 Oct 03

I am not too into it but would welcome the chance to learn, if it doesn't put you to too much trouble.
Thanks very much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…