MS Access help needed

Mike D 14:57 16 Jun 04

I am in the throes of setting up a simple database for a car sales business, with a fairly normal array of tables - stock (cars), customers, service work orders (there will be more tables, I am still working on this). When a car is sold can I make the entry for that car disappear from the stock table and move to a "sold" table?

I guess that answer is "Yes", but can someone please tell me how to do it? Please keep it simple, I am feeling cerebrally challenged!

Mike

rogertjj 15:13 16 Jun 04

Could you not just have another field on the Stock table that flags when a car is sold ? I think that would make it easier, but someone else may have a better suggestion. You could then 'build' a Sold table from the Sold indicator on the Stock table. If that makes any sense.....

Mike D 15:59 17 Jun 04

rogertjj

Thanks for your reply and suggestion, I will give it a go.

Mike

AccessMoron 20:41 17 Jun 04

Put an number field into the stock table that indicates if a car has been sold, is stock or u are just servicing it. Link this field to a lookup table that gives U the options for a car (Stock, Service, Sold, etc.) Then query this field in the stock form. (so you only store cars in one table)

Mike D 07:44 18 Jun 04

AccessMoron

OK this one looks hopeful - thanks very much.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…