MS Access 97 problem

Marvin Grunt 15:27 08 Oct 05

I have been running Office 97 with Win XP home SP2 on my pc for over a year. Today I tried to update an Access database that has been running successfully but as soon as it had loaded I had a message saying that 'Microsoft Access has encountered a problem and needs to close'. I saved the file to floppy and tried it in a laptop running Win XP and Office XP, and it worked. However, another Access database file worked ok on my PC. So can anyone tell me why one file works when another doesn't? What's going on?

Kenneth-266656 17:16 08 Oct 05

Sounds as though that particular file has become corrupted. If this has happened recently and you are not going to loose a lot of data try a system restore at a point previous to the trouble

Marvin Grunt 12:28 09 Oct 05

It turns out that the problem was a 'run-time error 429'. I entered that into the help forum search and ended up with a patch to register dao350.dll. That did the trick, and access can now create the switchboard object.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…