MS Access

rmcqua 19:38 07 May 06

I have the unenviable task tomorrow of trying to introduce MS Access to some year 11s who are, how shall I put it, not at the top of the ladder when it comes to ICT ability.
Does anyone know of any on-line resource that might be useful in demonstrating Access' main features and uses, in a way that can be easily understood and used for something personally meaningful? I thought of suggesting cataloguing personal music collections, but any other ideas will be much appreciated.

SANTOS7 19:41 07 May 06

click here
this may help,good luck.........

skidzy 19:46 07 May 06

Maybe this can help for some idea's also. click here

rmcqua 19:46 07 May 06

Thanks a lot, that's a great start!!!

rmcqua 19:53 07 May 06

That's good too, thank you.

Belatucadrus 20:50 07 May 06
  mammak 21:32 07 May 06

cataloguing personal music collections
would be a great start or thier DVD/ VHS collections or even PS2,X Box collections it seems you have a good start on the click here front not able to add anything for the moment good luck with your task 11+ age groups are lovely really they are lol.

mammak 21:36 07 May 06

Sorry picked that up wrong you mean year 11 that would be about what age 14ish but still music ect would interest them I think.

VoG II 21:37 07 May 06

I'm slightly older than 11+ and I find Access totally impenetrable. I don't know why - maybe the fault is with Access and not me.

Anyway, good luck rmcqua.

rmcqua 22:57 07 May 06

Thanks, folks, for all the suggestions. Going to bed now. Will post back tomorrow evening.

Forum Editor 23:12 07 May 06

this is the kind of thing you're after
click here

Note that there are also tutorials for the other MS Office applications as well. All based on Office 2000 versions, but should mostly hold good for Office 2003 as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…