MS Access

Adam87 14:04 13 Aug 04

Im trying to create a database of computers litsing IP addresses serial numbers etc in one table then in another list the software thats on them.

I can create the two tables and create a relation ship but what I would like to do is to create a list of software.

This would mean that when you click the plus next on the record you are interested in you get a list of just the software installed on that machine. This is instead of seeing every piece of software in total. How do I do it?? Can anyone help please?

spanneress 16:26 13 Aug 04

Create a form using the wizard..it will take you through effortlessly and tell it you only want to look at specific software (i.e certain records) for one or many computers. Have you created the relationships correctly? one to one, one to many or many to many? Otherwise the links or queries will not work properly and the database will not function correctly.

You can write a query for the required data, again using the wizard or basic SQL commands.

There are several other ways but the above are the easiest.

AccessMoron 23:37 20 Aug 04

You need three tables.

1. PC details (With a primary key)

2. Software details (With a primary key)

3. A link between the Primary key of table 1 & 2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…