MS Access

smullan_2000 16:08 11 Feb 04

i was wonedering, maybe i'm asking too much of access, i am setting up a database for work and was wondering if there was any way to get access to e-mail on specific dates when they are reached in access to send a reminder that the date has now come, if that makes sense

LeadingMNMs 17:45 11 Feb 04

If it can then it will probably need a complex bit of code.

R4 18:09 11 Feb 04

Have you looked at the 'Contacts' Sample database to see how they get access to mail thier contacts on given dates:

OR:-- If you send the data to the database on a set date you could use Outlook to send a mail to the people concerned. ie: reminder mail on 10th. of eacj month.

Taran 18:30 11 Feb 04

This is how it works:

1. Write a routine to run through a recordset

2. Create reports file(s)

3. Create email text

4. Send mail.

5. Write a scheduling module or program and combine the two.

It's kind of like a triggered mail merge, for want of a better description.

I suggest you click here to begin with and search the site articles and code samples for these keywords:

email

schedule

bulk mail

automate email

You should be able to put something together after reading and understanding the articles and code samples on that site. It's one of the best sites I know of for Access information.

Chris the Ancient 18:38 11 Feb 04

Another good site - and I got quite a lot of stuff on e-mails by doing a search there is at...

click here

But do a search in the Access section first! Also look at the FAQs.

And replies are usually reasonably forthcoming with not too long a wait (unlike PCA forum where replies are nearly instantaneous!)

HTH

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now