MR2800w Data Fax Modem Drivers

alexgray104 16:21 27 Oct 05

I recently upgraded my system from Win ME to XP Pro. All went well except for the modem. The system was in a state, so I reformatted. When I came round to the modem though, I have lost the installation disc, so I downloaded a driver that was released on 1/2/2001. It installed and now displays in the Phone and Modem Options as connected to COM3 (as it should be). When connecting to AOL, it doesn't even detect my modem, and after ringing AOL Tech Support they said i should have a driver released after 9/03. Does anybody know where I can get a MR2800 Data Fax Modem driver released after sep 03, so i can get my modem going. I have also tried creating a connecting using windows and here, it detects the modem, but says there is no dial tone. All the wires are connected in the relevant places. Thanks in advance for your help. Alex

SANTOS7 16:25 27 Oct 05

click here
this may help...

Stuartli 16:30 27 Oct 05

See Number 17 on this link:

click here

or bottom of this link:

click here

click here

Splork 16:31 27 Oct 05

These any good? click here What's the actual make of the modem - or if it has an FCC-ID number look it up here click here

Stuartli 16:31 27 Oct 05

You will also need to enable Wait for Dial Tone in the modem's Properties.

Stuartli 16:34 27 Oct 05

By the way, as this is an AMR modem, have you Enabled it in the Bios?

Stuartli 16:37 27 Oct 05

It's a modem that was much used by Packard Bell in its systems.

Splork 16:40 27 Oct 05

Oh right...I could only see the one driver on their site, and drivers circa 2001 for win2k/xp elsewhere

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…