Mr Perfect Lap-top

sal_man 16:28 13 Aug 07

Hi, I m a CAD user and looking for a perfect (most reliable) lap-top to fulfill following requirement -

OS- XP professional (No vista for a year and Mac does'nt support most of CAD)
Processor- Dual/Quad Core (2GHz or at least 1.6))
HD- at least 100 GB
RAM-2GB or above
L2 cache- to suit system

I m impress with Toshiba Satellite A200-1DQ but it seems its battery life is very less.

Please help me to find the right one in this huge confusing market.

sal_man 17:05 13 Aug 07

no reply in an hr .....

Ashrich 18:16 13 Aug 07

What budget do you have ?

Ashley

sal_man 09:14 14 Aug 07

£500-1500

Technotiger 09:33 14 Aug 07

This one is well within your price-range ..

click here

though you would have to contact Novatech first to ask about XP instead of Vista, if that is what you want.

Technotiger 09:38 14 Aug 07

Or with Dell, I believe you only need to state XP when you order.

click here

Technotiger 09:40 14 Aug 07

PS - click on one of the 'Continue' links in my Dell link and you will see that you get the choice of Vista or XP.

sal_man 11:47 14 Aug 07

thanks technotiger , I m looking at ur link for dell. Is it more reliable than toshi?

sal_man 12:11 14 Aug 07

In my research I found all expert recommend Dell but media (product feed back & comparison) shows Toshiba is better than dell. Y so?

Technotiger 12:17 14 Aug 07

I've not had any dealings with Toshiba, but I have with Dell, and I had no problems at all with Dell.

Ashrich 16:43 14 Aug 07

The only differences really between all laptops are the cases and motherboards , the rest of the components ...memory , hard drives , dvd drives , processors are the pretty much the same , screens differ a little due to manufacturers using different resolutions ( obviously the higher the better ) . Higher end laptops will have dedicated graphics cards , bigger hard drives and more and faster memory . So the main difference is support and availability . Your needs are a strong processor , a Core 2 duo should be your only option for this type of work , plus...1 . A good graphics card ...2 Plenty of memory . 3 A big enough hard drive to hold all your data . 4 A large widescreen ( 17" ? ) . I'd have a look at the Dell Inspiron XPS 1710 or have a look Rock ( 3 year warranty )click here .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos