MPU-401 Compatible Midi Device

DW9047 20:05 02 Sep 03

I have a Yellow Exclamation mark against this device with a message that states, device either not present, not working properly or does not have all drivers installed. Code 10

How do I know what device this is to re-install drivers.

Thanks

Peverelli 20:14 02 Sep 03

I think this comes as a part of Windows. Have you tried right clicking on the icon and selecting 'Update Driver'?

DW9047 20:18 02 Sep 03

Thanks Peverelli,

I have removed it from the PC and re-booted, I think you are right because windows found and installed the driver. Does this mean a corrupt driver on my hard drive and should I try updating the driver from the Windows ME CD.

Cheers

Peverelli 20:37 02 Sep 03

Have you still got a Yellow Exclamation mark after rebooting?

DW9047 20:48 02 Sep 03

When I removed it and re-booted, it automatically found the new hardware, found the driver and updated. And yes it still had the yellow exclamation mark.

Peverelli 20:53 02 Sep 03

OK, I would try again from the CD. The file on your HD may have become corrupted. Good luck.

DW9047 21:48 01 Oct 03

Can anyone help on this please,

I have tried inserting the Windows ME disk but it does not find the required file, it still suggests the best driver is installed.

What can I try next.

Cheers

Peverelli 01:52 02 Oct 03

Do midi files on your PC play OK?

Excuse me if I assume that you know nothing about midi, but search/find for *.mid and then double click on any files found. If it plays OK then don't worry about the problem. If you need to work with midi files then come back with more specific info and I will try to resolve the problem.

Peverelli 12:06 02 Oct 03

New thread here: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…